Update on Scheduling
Beginning May 18, 2020, CSA will be holding classes on a limited basis with limited enrollment to meet social distancing requirements. Scheduling will be as follows:
Basic Orientation Plus (with Site Specific) - Every other Monday
Basic Plus Refresher (with Site Specific) - Tuesdays
Suncor Site Specific Only - Wednesdays
Online registration is now open for all three classes in our Calendar of Events.
Go to the Calendar
Basic Orientation Plus
The purpose of the Basic Orientation Plus® orientation is to inform the new contractor employee of general safety rules, regulations, practices, and principles associated with the construction and contract maintenance/services industry, as well as, re-informing and updating the experienced employee. This course will qualify as an OSHA mandated orientation. The following topics are covered in this orientation:
- Hazard Communication (HazCom) and Chemical Safety
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Hearing Conservation
- Electrical Safety Related Work Practices for Non-Qualified Workers
- Respiratory Protection
- Elevated Work
- Fall Protection
- General Rules & Emergency Procedures
- Accident Prevention, Signs and Tags
- Materials Handling and Storage
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Excavation, Trenching & Shoring
- Emergency Action Plans
- General Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Fire Prevention
This training lasts approximately 5.5 hours including the exam. Participants must pass the 50 question exam with a grade of 70% or higher.
Who Should Attend?
- Contractor employees working on industrial sites
- Employees working on industrial sites
- New employees needing basic safety orientation
As verification of training, a photo ID badge will be issued to each participant who successfully completes the course and passes the test. This training is recognized by many companies in industries across the nation. Badge is valid for one year.
The Basic Plus Refresher training is a computer-based session in our computer lab and lasts approximately two hours. Participants must have attended the instructor-led Basic Orientation Plus to be able to attend this class.
You must register on-line for the Basic Orientation Plus and the Basic Orientation Plus Refresher.
- Payment with credit card is required at time of registration
- Seating for these classes is limited. Preregistration is required.
- Colorado Safety Association reserves the right to cancel any course with insufficient registrations.
- Participants must bring a current, government-issued photo ID to check in. Expired IDs are not acceptable.
- No admittance to class for late arrival
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
Study Guide - Click Here